Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Faith..Is it a scary thing?

     So this week has been a rough week. Decisions that need to be made have the "I don't know" answer. As I have been struggling with the whole not knowing what's going to happen, when is something going to happen and those sort of questions, I have had this longing for the word of God. As I was having my time with Jesus, I was in the book of Matthew reading chapter 9. The entire chapter is about faith and how the people were healed just because of their faith in Jesus. In this chapter he heals a paralyzed man, Gives an invitation to follow him, raise a dead girl and heals a woman that was bleeding for 12 years and also points out that the workers are few but the harvest is plentiful.
     As I was reading the passage I came across this phrase.. "your faith has healed you" and "According to your faith let it be done to you". The question of  if  I have this much faith in everything I did then I could move mountains. It amazes me at how the people watching this had the faith that they did and it is so encouraging to me. Reading the last verses of the chapter "The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few. Ask the Lord of  the harvest, therefore, to send out workers into is harvest field."  Can you only imagine if we had the faith of these people what we (and Jesus) could do.

No comments:

Post a Comment